Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On 2/24/12 I took the trip down from Olympia, WA to Hood River, OR to meet up with somebody I met on NWKA.org.  He and I talked for a while about my research on Kayaks built for big guys and specifically for angling.

I have been an avid angler since I was a very small boy and for the last 3 years have been trying to figure out how to get fit by doing what I love...fishing.  I fished for a couple of years off an inflatable pontoon boat which just barely was rated to hold my weight.  I ended up spending a lot of time fixing blown seams, etc...  Not enjoyable for very long even though it afforded me some angling opportunities that I would never have had.

So begin the research into Kayak fishing.  Long story short, I am now utilizing a Hobie Mirage Pro Angler and discovering a whole new life.  My plan for this blog is to record my progress in getting fit, losing weight and the activities and food that goes with it, and enjoying my passion...fishing.




No comments:

Post a Comment